Chiropractor Jason Gordon
Chiropractor Midtown NYC
Welcome to Carnegie Chiropractic, P.C. located in Midtown NYC. Chiropractic is one of the most amazing healthcare professions, but very few people understand what it's all about. This article is here to help you gain a basic understanding of how our Midtown NYC chiropractors can help you and your family.
Carnegie Chiropractic, P.C.
Chiropractic care is the practice of using spinal alignment to alleviate a wide variety of physical ailments, including muscle strain, neck pain, chronic back pain, and more. This is accomplished by adjusting the position of the spinal column to its proper shape, providing a non-invasive solution for pain relief.
About Our Midtown Chiropractor
Our chiropractic services are designed to promote optimal wellness and injury recovery for individuals of all ages. Our licensed chiropractor, Dr. Gordon, has more than 18 years of experience caring for injuries related to the spine and extremities. Furthermore, many patients report that due to chiropractic care and specific rehabilitative programs, Dr. Gordon has managed their chronic complaints which include: headaches, digestive disorders, anxiety, fatigue, weight management, sport and work related injuries.
Dr. Gordon focuses on the functioning of the nervous system while also educating his patients on wellness strategies for full body health. His "whole person" approach combines chiropractic care, sound nutrition, rest, stress management, and exercise to promote optimal health and injury recovery. If you are accepted for care and follow the designated course of care specifically designed for you, Dr. Gordon is confident that you will achieve your health care goals in a safe and effective manner.
Dr. Gordon received his chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1998 and opened Carnegie Chiropractic, P.C. to serve the needs of adults and families in the Midtown NYC area. Since then, he has been a trusted provider in Manhattan to men, women, children, athletes, entertainers, and Broadway performers.
It's Your Life... Live it in Health!
Our Midtown chiropractic office offers the following services for total body wellness:
- Chiropractic Adjustments - We offer chiropractic adjustments to reduce back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, sciatica pain, knee pain, and much more. By realigning your spine, chiropractic adjustments restore nervous system function, which is a crucial part of your body's natural healing system. As a result, you will feel more energy and less pain, while enjoying the health and wellness benefits that come with chiropractic care. Our Midtown chiropractor offers many chiropractic techniques; including Palmer Package, Diversified, Activator Methods, Gonstead, Applied Kinesiology, Thompson, Flexion-Distraction, and Trigger Point Therapy.
- Foot Orthotics – Dr. Gordon also specializes in providing custom foot orthotics. Orthotics are spinal stabilizers that help provide a balanced foundation following a chiropractic adjustment.
- Cold Laser Therapy – Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) makes the use of light rays work with muscle tissues in order to speed up recovery. Many patients are able to find relief from chronic pain through cold laser therapy.
- Spinal Decompression - If you have a herniated disc, slipped disc, or bulging disc, spinal decompression is a proven alternative to back surgery. Before getting invasive surgery, which can have uncertain results and a long recovery period, allow us to reduce injury to the disc by elongating your spine through the use of a dedicated decompression table for your specific injury. As your spinal decompression chiropractor in Midtown, Dr. Gordon can help minimize the need for surgery.
Nutritional Counseling and Lifestyle Advice - Our lifestyle advice is designed to help you heal from your injuries and attain optimal wellness. If you would like recommendations for weight loss, nutrition supplements, stretches, or anything else, we are here for you.
- Corrective Exercises - After our Midtown chiropractor has restored proper alignment, he can demonstrate corrective exercises to be performed at home. By doing these at home, you can not only actively participate in your own recovery but you can shorten overall recovery time.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help You?
Many people dismiss chiropractic as being something only for back pain, but chiropractic treatment can be used to treat a wide variety of physical issues, such as migraines and headaches, chronic pain, carpal tunnel, pain due to injury or muscle strain, and much more.
The History of Chiropractic Care
The word “Chiropractic” is derived from the Greek words “cheir” (hand) and “praktos” (done) combined to mean “done by hand.” It was chosen by the developer of chiropractic care, Daniel David Palmer. In 1895, D.D. Palmer performed a chiropractic adjustment on a partially deaf janitor, Harvey Lillard, who later reported that his hearing had improved due to the change.
D.D. Palmer opened the first chiropractic school two years later, and in the century since, chiropractic professionals have used spinal adjustments to help people prevent and cope with back pain, carpal tunnel, muscle strain, headaches and migraines, and a variety of other physical ailments. Millions of people benefit from the work of Dr. Palmer today.
What Kind of Training Does a Chiropractor Have?
Chiropractic doctors go through a minimum of four years of schooling at a chiropractic college, generally preceded by an undergraduate degree in the basic sciences or several years of experience in a prior relevant health care field.
Students of chiropractic care must spend a minimum of at least 4,200 hours with their teacher, and a minimum of 1,000 hours of fully supervised clinical training with an instructor as they learn the appropriate diagnosis and treatment techniques to help heal your body and restore it to its natural, fully functioning state.
At Carnegie Chiropractic, P.C. our chiropractic team is ready to meet with you to discuss your needs. We will help to design a program that is right for you. We look forward to meeting you.
|Monday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:30pm - 6:30pm
|Tuesday||11:00am - 2:00pm|
3:30pm - 6:30pm
|Wednesday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:30pm - 6:30pm
|Friday||9:00am - 2:00pm|
3:30pm - 6:30pm